At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Community Resource Liaison, under the direction of the Chief Development Officer and the Development Operations Director, is responsible for creating partnerships to secure in-kind donations, fostering relationships, and establishing formal agreements to streamline referrals and access to existing community resources and programming for individuals and families.
The goal of this position is to create collaborative partnerships to better meet the needs of agency clients to secure in-kind resources to benefit agency clients.
A high level of accountability, professionalism, and ingenuity is expected. The ability to network and problem solve are required.
Compensation (determined upon years of experience): between $18.61 and $21.38 per hour
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week)
Click to see benefits and company perks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer and the Development Operations Director, develop and formalize partnerships with community agencies that have applicable resources to meet identified client needs.
- *Work with agency staff to coordinate planned, systematic drives for in-kind donations to help meet identified client needs.
- *Provide resource and referral options for individual and family members that are consistent with their values, learning styles, lifestyle, circumstances, needs, and culture.
- Manage the compilation and dissemination of agency program “wish lists” for material goods.
- *Assess ongoing support and service needs of agency clients and develop a dynamic engagement strategy to increase formal partnerships with service providers.
- Track and evaluate in-kind donations, including maintaining an inventory of all donations and measuring outcomes of in-kind donation development efforts.
- *Develop and maintain partner database for internal use.
- *Develop and maintain community resource database.
- *Troubleshoot issues related to linkage, eligibility, access, enrollment, and participation with community partners.
- *Be dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- *Be prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics, and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal or external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or video media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other administrative and Community Relations related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in nonprofit management, communications, or a human services-related field.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record