We are incredibly proud of the workplace we’ve built. As Heartland Family Service enters an unprecedented phase of growth, we need a reliable, adaptable, and service-oriented professional to help us take our day-to-day operations to the next level so our agency can do its best work strengthening individuals, families, and communities through advocacy, education, counseling, and support services.
A BIT ABOUT US
Founded in 1875, our agency has grown over the years to address most of the challenges children, adults, families, and communities face across the lifespan, including substance use, child abuse and neglect, domestic violence/sexual assault, human trafficking, homelessness, juvenile justice, mental health, neighborhood distress, and poverty. Today, we offer 42 programs from 20 locations in east central Nebraska and southwest Iowa. At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that values and celebrates diversity in addition to creating a trauma-informed environment.
What you will do:
- Turn over residential living units to include cleaning, removal of large and small trash and light maintenance.
- Regularly inspect facilities and performs upkeep, to include light repair and cleaning
- Conduct bi-weekly interoffice mail route.
- Ability to be mobile to transport items between HFS facilities and between external facilities and HFS facilities.
- Add pick-up and drop off of donations on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.
- Assembling furniture when needed within facilities
- Performing completing minor repairs within facilities
- Notify facilities manager and/or office manager of occurring deficiencies or needs of repairs within facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring cleaning chemicals and other supplies are kept in locked cleaning closet at various locations.
- Responsible for spot cleaning of furniture and carpet.
- Follow all Health & Safety Regulations
The qualities we want:
- Service Oriented—you enjoy helping others to resolve issues and navigate the workplace.
- Organized—you bring order to your work and explore ways of streamlining processes, so they are more scalable. Balances conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines
- Reliable - people can always count on you to do what you say and you are known for your conscientiousness and dependability.
- Adaptability- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change. projects a positive demeanor and has the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
- Proactive/Resourceful-Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action. Utilizes analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs.
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years’ experience
- Valid Driver’s License/ acceptable driving record
- Ability to perform lifting and other physically demanding duties as necessary
Compensation (determined by years of experience): between $14.20 and $16.93 per hour
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US-
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Ground floor opportunity with room for growth
- Small team culture and collaboration
- Investment in continuous employee learning and development
- Paid four weeks of FMLA and two weeks of caregiver leave
- Structured support for a dynamic self-care plan that helps you to manage your work/life integration
- Strengths-based professional development and individualized coaching
- A trauma-informed culture where you are encouraged and supported to show up to work every day exactly as you are!
- The knowledge your work is helping to provide hope and healing to people who need it most and changing our communities for the better!
We know you will value Heartland’s culture of trauma informed care, our celebration of diversity and inclusion, flexibility, and our focus on caring for our people. If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative, and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you!