At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Agency-wide professional responsibilities and very specific, highly developed skills are necessary. Highly developed interpersonal, problem solving, supervisory, time management and decision-making skills are required to be successful. The position requires a high degree of attention to detail. Ongoing training and supervision is required.
Compensation: $50,300 to 70,400 (per year) based upon experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- *Collaborates with and assists the Contract and Grant Coordinators in their efforts to secure new grants and manage existing grants including the preparation of annual grant budgets.
- *Prepares billings and reports for grants as assigned.
- *Verifies contracts and grants are billed according to terms.
- *Works closely with VP’s, Program Directors and other program staff; assures that on all assigned grants that all reporting requirements and compliance regulations are met.
- *Reconciles Accounts Receivable to billings as assigned.
- *Reconciles bank statements as assigned.
- *Maintains accounting records for subsidiaries and related entities; assures that all reporting requirements and compliance regulations are met.
- *Assists in the preparation of financial statements for board, administration, and other entities, including journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, audit preparation, and other duties as identified.
- Act as a representative on various organizational teams or committees as needed.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration required; emphasis in accounting is preferred.
- Three years’ experience