At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Assesses and monitors the client’s on-going medical, psychiatric and social needs. This position will collaborate with internal and external providers to coordinate health care treatment. Manages pharmaceutical and medical supplies. This position functions as a fully integrated team member of the IHH that assists individuals in developing and maintain a whole health plan.
Compensation: $53,100 to $74,300 (per year) based upon compensation
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- *Work directly with program participants to assess physical health care needs and coordinate with member’s health care professionals on those needs.
- *Ensure care given to the seriously mentally ill population is appropriate and coordinated, incorporating best practice for treatment, risk assessment and multi-agency service coordination.
- *Act as the team expert on medical issues of the IHH members.
- *Need to use patient registries, population management, gaps in care analysis tools in serving members.
- *Communicate and coordinate with primary care and specialty care providers to review and plan care for members.
- *Assist in coordination of medically related service needs and supports.
- *Has understanding of self-management tools, usage and need and can develop/organize for the population being served
- *Enter data as required for member outcomes, comfortable with computer use.
- *Organize and lead groups related to chronic condition management, i.e. diabetes support, nutrition and exercise, medication education support.
- Has good verbal and written skills
- Implementing preventive, as well as remedial, health and wellness plans.
- Cross-training of other team members in use of health and wellness interventions as individually indicated.
- Work closely with other members of the team and staff from other key agencies.
- *Maintains member documentation as required.
- Provide education and training to agency staff regarding health issues.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares a appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed in the state of Iowa as an RN or BSN.
- Experience working in medical offices or hospital medical units with solid base understanding of chronic health conditions, medications and treatment options.
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
- Excellent computer skills.