At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Provide support to the Assertive Community Treatment Program office located at the Heartland Family Service Assertive Community Treatment program in Harlan, IA. Duties will include serving as first point of contact for clients and visitors to the office, various clerical duties such as data entry as well as phone-based contact with clients. The Support Specialist will also perform skilled duties of a broad nature. Assignments may entail a wide knowledge base. Initiative, decision making/problem solving and strong organizational skills are required.
Compensation: $16.51 to $21.49 (per hour) based upon experience.
Work Schedule: part time (20 hours), Monday through Friday, some flexibility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Perform reception duties, accurately take messages and give appropriate directions to clients and general public; assist all visitors, clients, and staff in processing their inquiries.
- *Schedule client appointments.
- *Complete data entry, in both internal and external databases, in an accurate and timely manner.
- *Demonstrate knowledge of current community and Heartland Family Service programs and resources to meet client/visitor needs.
- *Ensure that client databases are maintained per established procedures.
- Assist in coordinating client groups/events (prepare conference space, order food, etc.).
- *Develop and monitors various follow-up “tickler” systems and monthly follow-up reports for supported programs.
- *Maintain system for ordering all supplies necessary for smooth operation of facility.
- *Ensure the completion of internal reports such as monthly vehicle mileage/maintenance reports, etc.
- *Responsible for opening and closing client files in a timely manner.
- *Provide administrative assistance to the Team Lead and Program Director.
- *Display a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperate and collaborate with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Abide by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develop personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Is able to work both independently, with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- Create, maintain and share as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strive to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- * Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred
- Two years related experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products/Programs