At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This Case Manager will work with individuals and families residing in the Family Works Housing facility in Omaha. The Case Manager will be part of the team that provides case management, property management and therapeutic services to the individuals and families experiencing homelessness and recovery.
Work Schedule: Mainly day hours. Some early evening and occasional weekend hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies potential residents, completes housing applications, interviews, screens, and completes intake paperwork. *
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of initial and recertification of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) along with obtaining 3rd party verifications with clients. *
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of prequalification paperwork and on-going certification requirements related to Project-Based Vouchers (PBV). Coordinate with Omaha Housing Authority (OHA) regarding policies related to vouchers. *
- Utilizes Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, and Housing First practices to serve residents.
- Ensures all units are occupied and can quickly fill vacant units through turnover.
- Case Management services to include development of independent living skills, budgeting, parenting, decision-making, and other skills needed to gain independence. *
- Demonstrates ability to partner with clients to identify needs, set goals, and develop a housing stability plan / case plan. *
- Provides problem solving and crisis intervention services to empower clients to develop self-sufficiency. *
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to all Agency and Grant reporting requirements including those regarding client documentation, service documentation, and program statistical reporting. *
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Heartland Family Service programs and resources and current community human service resources. *
- Deliver services in a manner that respects the client’s culture and is trauma informed. *
- Assists Office Manager to coordinate with vendors such as the cleaning company, painting company, etc. for the Apartments *
- Collect resident program fees and/or rents monthly and ensure rent ledger is completed each month. *
- Is available for on-call emergencies on a rotating basis. *
- Client file management, to include opening, closing, and maintaining client files and requests for information. *
- Regularly inspects NE Family Works facility to: *
- Ensure safety and security measures of the facility are in place and operating.
- Coordinate completion of repairs to facility according to Heartland Family Service policy and procedure
- Perform, as needed, routine janitorial tasks in public/common areas to include ensuring regular cleaning of bathroom, floors, vacuuming, trash removal and window cleaning.
- Ensure common and exterior areas of the facilities are clean. *
- Able to evaluate program services and make recommendations. *
- Demonstrates high level of social work skills, practice and knowledge.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills in developing rapport with clients on the phone and in person.
- Provides direct intake assessment, scheduling, referral and follow-up services to clients on the phone and in person to effectively deal with presenting problem(s) and assist clients with crisis and transitional needs. *
- Is able to develop positive working relationships with referral sources, service agencies, and others encountered in the course of work. *
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency. *
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff. *
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance. *
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements. *
- Develops and builds upon current personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Able to work independently with little supervision *
- Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts*
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site. *
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
- Please note: This position requires some early evening and possibly occasional weekend hours
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field and 2 years’ experience
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
Communication – Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all, expressing oneself effectively, understanding underlying issues and adapting communication for the situation.
Teamwork – Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results by actively participating in the team and involving other team members.
Problem Solving & Judgment – Ability to assess options and implications in order to identify a solution by breaking down problems, recognizing basic and multiple relationships and can develop complex plans and/or analyses.
Adaptability – Personal willingness and ability to work in and adapt to change, valuing the need for adaptability, demonstrating adaptability through adapting approach and strategy.
Client Focus – Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs through responsive client service and contributing to positive outcomes for the client, meeting long term client needs.
Innovation - Using original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop and initiate new approaches for own job/area as well as the organization and does things new to the organization.
Relationship Building – Developing and maintaining win/win relationships and partnerships through establishing formal working relationships.
Service Facilitation – Creates networks to ensure required services are delivered effectively, providing information as required.
Organizational Awareness & Commitment – Understands the structure and culture of the organization and supports the organization’s values, principles and goals; demonstrating an understanding of the organization beyond own workgroup and can anticipate and meet organizational needs.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service