At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
- Trauma Informed work environment extends to employees and clients
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Schedule includes work from home option
- Clinical Supervision provided at no cost
- Employer paid training opportunities on Clinical topics, modalities, and Evidence Based Practices
- Paid Time Off aligns with fall, holiday, and spring break plus 5 additional days per year.
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability, Voluntary Critical Illness, and Accidental coverage.
- 401K Retirement
- Casual Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discounts and community perks available
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Therapists at this level will work with clients in the school setting who are in need of counseling for mental health and/or substance use. Primary responsibilities include assessment, individual and group therapy services will be provided to youth in all grades within Lewis Central School District or Council Bluffs School District. Weekly individual supervision is provided, and case consultation and/or group supervision is also provided at least monthly. Clinical Training opportunities are available to support growth and expansion of therapeutic modalities.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; refers if other services are needed.
- Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment goals and objectives
- Provides counseling to individuals, couples, children and families in group or individual settings dependent upon program clinician is working in.
- Handles cases of increasing complexity.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Maintains clinical record, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements.
- Meets clinical requirements of third party payers (authorizations, reviews, documentation) and provides information necessary for prompt and accurate billing.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
VALUES OF ALL HEARTLAND FAMILY SERVICE EMPLOYEES
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy
- TLMHC, LMSW, LMFT or provisional licensure required
- Valid drivers license/ acceptable driving record
Self-care- Practices good self-care; maintains effective emotional regulation and manages stress.
Integrity-An authentic and honest therapist plays a key role in the client’s recovery. Often, a therapist will inadvertently become a role model for the client. That means the therapist should conduct their personal and professional lives with honesty and integrity.
Critical thinking- A therapist needs to have the ability to see beyond the surface of the clients issues.
Continuous learning- stay updated on the latest research and treatment plans to help clients in the best way possible.
Organization and Time-Management Strategies-Responsible for keeping track of paperwork, fees for clients.
Communication -Exhibits clear and concise verbal and written communications; communicates honestly and directly.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service