At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The position provides technology tools and support to enhance services that strengthen individuals and families in our community. You will be the 2nd tier escalation for the Helpdesk Support Specialist; educate and train that person; be a “backup” for the Helpdesk Support Specialist during times of high volume or in their absence; receive and inventory equipment; assist the Systems and Network Administrators in various capacities; preparation and installation of equipment ranging from Thin Clients to printers to mobile devices. On occasion, you will perform various hardware repairs. You will also write and review technical documentation for various IT related functions and regularly go on-site to resolve issues, perform hardware installations, meet vendors, etc.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am - 5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Work with the HelpDesk team to promptly respond to and efficiently resolve Service Requests and Incidents.
- Maintain inventory of agency equipment.
- *Work with vendors to facilitate needs of the agency, or its programs.
- *Prepare and install equipment for employee use.
- *Ensure Service Requests and Incidents are updated with accurate and current information.
- *Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- *Develop and document procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Assist the Systems and Network Administrators with various projects and/or tasks.
- Manage monthly backup tapes.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Part of on-call rotation for after-hours emergency support calls.
- Create, maintain and share as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- Strive to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Experience Level: 1-3 years in a Helpdesk position.
- Additional experience with wiring, hardware repair, concepts of network structure preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Is dependable and punctual regarding attendance.
- Computers and Peripherals
- Hardware Repair
- Basic Networking
- Mobile Devices
- Customer Service
Adaptability- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change. projects a positive demeanor and has the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
Organization Time Management: Determines the appropriate allocation of time.
Task Management: Balances conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
Communication Skills-Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills. Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood. Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence to project a positive image of the business.
Customer Service- Interacts professionally with clients and associates at all times. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
Team Player- Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
Judgment- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary. Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
Proactive/Resourceful-Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action. Utilizes analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service