At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Perform all aspects of Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation program (IPR) utilizing the rehabilitation technology and philosophy outlined by the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Approach from The Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation of Boston University to facilitate the achievement of goals identified by individuals authorized to receive these services. All necessary training will be provided upon hire.
IPR is a combination of 1:1 meetings between the practitioner and client along with facilitating about 5 groups per week. The goal of the IPR program is to help clients learn to set, achieve, and maintain long term goals related to education, employment, socialization, or housing.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provide all aspects if IPR including: Triage, Readiness Assessment, Readiness Development, Goal Choosing, Goal Achieving and goal Keeping, to individuals authorized to participate in the IPR program. Services to be provided on an individual and group basis while focusing on overall recovery.
- Plan and facilitate creative groups to take place at various community locations in order to help clients integrate into and utilize community settings and resources.
- *Complete all required documentation utilizing MyEvolv including: progress notes, service plans, social histories, certification period reports, IPR forms, discharge summaries, etc. in a manner that meets or exceeds program standards.
- *Attend and participate in individual supervision meetings and all staff meetings.
- *Communicate with multidisciplinary team members including family members, natural supports and professional supports as appropriate.
- *Manage all aspects of scheduling for clients including making appointments, communicating changes in schedules, arriving on time for appointments, etc.
- *Develops comprehensive treatment plans in accordance with policy and procedures.
- *Communicates information to other agencies/organization as appropriate.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- *Adhere to all applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Display a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of Heartland Family Service.
- Cooperate and collaborate with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abide by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies and requirements.
- Develop personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience working with the chronically mentally ill population
- Documentation of 60 contact hours of Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Service training by a certified instructor, will be provided after hire prior to client engagement.
Self-care- Practices good self-care; maintains effective emotional regulation and manages stress.
Integrity-An authentic and honest therapist plays a key role in the client’s recovery. Often, a therapist will inadvertently become a role model for the client. That means the therapist should conduct their personal and professional lives with honesty and integrity.
Critical thinking- A therapist needs to have the ability to see beyond the surface of the clients issues.
Continuous learning- stay updated on the latest research and treatment plans to help clients in the best way possible.
Organization and Time-Management Strategies-Responsible for keeping track of paperwork, fees for clients.
Communication -Exhibits clear and concise verbal and written communications; communicates honestly and directly.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service