At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Highly developed therapeutic skills, decision making, and problem-solving capabilities are critical. Works with a wide range of clientele with ability to specialize in certain client populations. This position will provide services to individuals and families in need of counseling for mental health, substance abuse and gambling. All training and supervision are provided by agency with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Determines whether client is appropriate for agency services; determines needed level of care; refers (internal or external) to appropriate level of care.
- *Conducts a comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; refers if other services are needed.
- *Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment structure, outcomes, goals and objectives; within first 2 sessions.
- *Provides counseling to individuals, couples, children and families in group or individual settings, within the framework of the treatment plan; monitors progress.
- *Handles cases of increasing complexity.
- *Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Meets clinical requirements of third-party payers (authorizations, reviews, documentation) and provides information necessary for prompt and accurate billing.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Coordinates care when provided by multiple practitioners.
- Refers to other Heartland Family Service programs and other community services, as necessary either concurrent with services or for aftercare; follows up to complete referral.
- Completes all case documentation for clinical and billing purposes.
- Maintains clinical record, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- * Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy
- Provisional licensure or LMHC, LISW, LMFT required
- Valid drivers license/ acceptable driving record
Self-care- Practices good self-care; maintains effective emotional regulation and manages stress.
Integrity-An authentic and honest therapist plays a key role in the client’s recovery. Often, a therapist will inadvertently become a role model for the client. That means the therapist should conduct their personal and professional lives with honesty and integrity.
Critical thinking- A therapist needs to have the ability to see beyond the surface of the clients issues.
Continuous learning- stay updated on the latest research and treatment plans to help clients in the best way possible.
Organization and Time-Management Strategies-Responsible for keeping track of paperwork, fees for clients.
Communication -Exhibits clear and concise verbal and written communications; communicates honestly and directly
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service