At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Intensive case management services will be provided to all clients with the purpose of coordinating and attaining health care goals. Educational requirements are very specific. Decision making, problem solving, and highly developed interpersonal skills are critical.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., one night shift a week, on call as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Demonstrates a high level of social work skills, practice and knowledge.
- *Works directly with member to assess holistic health care and social service needs; Client strengths, abilities and desires.
- *Develops care coordination plan with the client that is realistic, achievable, goal oriented, and focused on client needs and desires
- * Demonstrates ability to effectively assist clients in addressing barriers by utilizing community resources and health related information.
- *Coordinates services, resources, information with client, and on behalf of client when needed.
- *Assist in addressing barriers to client’s treatment.
- *Maintain all contact documentation and billing information within internal reporting system and provides internal reports as needed.
- *Provide problem solving and crisis intervention to clients.
- *Provide referral and coordination for issues which may interfere with therapy attendance, including making follow-up phone calls to clients who miss their appointments.
- *May provide transportation to clients for appointments.
- *Maintain all reports required of the position.
- *Interacts with primary care providers, behavioral health providers and other social service providers to make needed connections for services, provide a conduit for information sharing and organizes case conferences to bring providers together to review the care of mutual members.
- *Works within the team model, utilizing the expertise of the team members when appropriate for each client.
- *Provides problem solving and crisis intervention services to empower clients to develop skills necessary for a healthy living.
- *Works in the community, in client homes, attends meetings and assists clients as needed.
- *Excellent verbal and written skills in working with clients and providers including primary care physicians.
- *High energy, passion for serving people, wants to make a difference, assertive, willing to push normal processes to enhance care of clients
- *Excellent skills with a computer to document information and data.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills in developing rapport with clients via telephone and in person.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills in developing rapport with community professional resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current community programs and resources and current community human service resources.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Maintains regular, prompt attendance at the office on a consistent and reliable basis.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field and two years’ experience
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
Communication – Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all, expressing oneself effectively, understanding underlying issues and adapting communication for the situation.
Teamwork – Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results by actively participating in the team and involving other team members.
Problem Solving & Judgment – Ability to assess options and implications in order to identify a solution by breaking down problems, recognizing basic and multiple relationships and can develop complex plans and/or analyses.
Adaptability – Personal willingness and ability to work in and adapt to change, valuing the need for adaptability, demonstrating adaptability through adapting approach and strategy.
Client Focus – Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs through responsive client service and contributing to positive outcomes for the client, meeting long term client needs.
Innovation - Using original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop and initiate new approaches for own job/area as well as the organization and does things new to the organization.
Relationship Building – Developing and maintaining win/win relationships and partnerships through establishing formal working relationships.
Service Facilitation – Creates networks to ensure required services are delivered effectively, providing information as required.
Organizational Awareness & Commitment – Understands the structure and culture of the organization and supports the organization’s values, principles and goals; demonstrating an understanding of the organization beyond own workgroup and can anticipate and meet organizational needs.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service