At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrate diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This person will be the lead support specialist to CCBHC Project Director and Staff. Initiative, decision making/problem solving, and strong organizational skills are required.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Demonstrates knowledge of current community and Heartland Family Service programs and resources to meet client needs.
- *Works with Project Director and necessary staff to develop and update processes and procedures and implementation as needed.
- Assist in training new employees as necessary and appropriate.
- *Contact person for office business equipment; also responsible for scheduling maintenance and ordering supplies for that equipment.
- *Coordinates and assists with case file management, which includes but not limited to, preparation of schedules, file maintenance, transcription as requested, and maintaining medication files.
- *Manages client data in electronic health record(s).
- *Collects and maintains data as requested.
- *Runs reports from Electronic Health Record.
- *Responsible for completing the intake process for client registration and/or pre-authorization as requested.
- *Schedules client appointments as requested.
- *Provide administrative assistance to the Project Director and Program Directors.
- *Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site.
- *Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- *Available to travel to HFS satellite offices.
- *Responsible for Grant data entry utilizing EHR and state programs.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
* DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Associates Degree preferred
- Four years’ experience
- Proficiency in basic office skills and personal computer skills
Adaptability- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change. projects a positive demeanor and has the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
Organization Time Management: Determines the appropriate allocation of time.
Task Management: Balances conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
Communication Skills-Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills. Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood. Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence to project a positive image of the business.
Customer Service- Interacts professionally with clients and associates at all times. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
Team Player- Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
Judgment- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary. Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
Proactive/Resourceful-Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action. Utilizes analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service