At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team-oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position will work as part of the human trafficking team working in close collaboration with the domestic violence sexual assault program service team. The overnight case manager will work in the crisis stabilization shelter and they will provide services designed to meet needs related to immediate safety, trauma recovery, and on-going support for survivors of human trafficking.
Work Schedule: 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Assist with meeting basic needs at 24/7 coverage of crisis stabilization shelter; including assistance with meals, providing basic needs items, and identifying needed referrals to medical, therapeutic, or other provides as identified through intake and service processes.
- *Accurately and thoroughly complete all required paperwork and data entry per agency policies and funding guidelines and within prescribed timelines.
- *Provide client transportation in personal and agency vehicles, as needed.
- *Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings and required training.
- *Follow program policies and procedures; including agency protocols related to medication administration.
- Completes all required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for quality improvement and grant purposes.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- * Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site
- *In town travel is required, includes use of personal vehicle.
- *Is able to work both independently, with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- *Able to establish regularity and dependability in scheduling all appointment and accuracy in reports and statistics.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High school diploma
- 1-2 years of experience in human services or related field
- Post-secondary education in related field is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
Communication – Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all, expressing oneself effectively, understanding underlying issues and adapting communication for the situation.
Teamwork – Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results by actively participating in the team and involving other team members.
Problem Solving & Judgment – Ability to assess options and implications in order to identify a solution by breaking down problems, recognizing basic and multiple relationships and can develop complex plans and/or analyses.
Adaptability – Personal willingness and ability to work in and adapt to change, valuing the need for adaptability, demonstrating adaptability through adapting approach and strategy.
Client Focus – Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs through responsive client service and contributing to positive outcomes for the client, meeting long term client needs.
Innovation-Using original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop and initiate new approaches for own job/area as well as the organization, and does things new to the organization.
Relationship Building – Developing and maintaining win/win relationships and partnerships through establishing formal working relationships.
Service Facilitation – Creates networks to ensure required services are delivered effectively, providing information as required.
Organizational Awareness & Commitment – Understands the structure and culture of the organization and supports the organization’s values, principles and goals; demonstrating an understanding of the organization beyond own workgroup and can anticipate and meet organizational needs.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service