At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position provides direct supervision or program oversight of Heartland Housing Passages and Pottawattamie County Homeless Link (PCHL). The Heartland Housing Passages (HHP) program provides Rapid Re-Housing services to youth (ages 18-24) who are experiencing homeless in Douglas, Sarpy and Pottawattamie counties. The Pottawattamie County Homeless Link program provides Rapid Re-Housing services to individuals who are experiencing homeless in Pottawattamie county. The programs provide temporary financial assistance and support services to help individuals obtain and maintain permanent housing. The HHP program is located at Heartland Family Service’s Center Mall location and the PCHL program is located at the Lakin location.
Supervisory responsibilities and major agency wide support functions begin at this level. Decision making, problem solving,& ongoing task prioritization are critical. Training in supervision & management is required.
Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provides positive leadership and promotes the trauma informed culture for all direct service staff, program clients and in the community.
- *Responsible for hiring and training new staff and for the ongoing development and training of all staff in the program.
- *Provides on-going and regular supervision of program staff, including individual meetings and accompanying staff in the field, as needed.
- *Lead bi-weekly team meetings, including approving cases for assistance and providing feedback on case plans and service delivery.
- *Review caseload status of team members and assign new cases/referrals to ensure capacity.
- *Provides case coverage in emergency and back-up situations, including assisting with other RRH program as needed.
- *Reviews and monitors client records to ensure that required information is collected, entered into prescribed formats, and reported in a timely manner prior to move-in, intake and exit.
- *Ensure program compliance with funding regulations and compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- *Ensure that the program meets targets for capacity and performance outcome, including making adjustments to the program as needed to improve performance.
- *Completes and reviews quarterly outcome reports.
- *Review monthly statistical reports and HMIS reports for data for quality and accuracy.
- *Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by funding sources.
- *Collaborates with Program Director to improve policies and procedures to increase efficiency of the program.
- *Demonstrates knowledge of current community and Heartland Family Service programs and resources.
- *Works with shelters and other referral sources to ensure that the program is well advertised.
- *Is actively involved in the Continuum of Care, including attending meetings or participating on task forces.
- *Travel within metro area is required, included use of personal vehicle.
- *Demonstrates knowledge of current community and Heartland Family Service programs and resources to meet client needs.
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of community service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure clients are receiving quality care.
- Is able to work both independently, with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- Able to establish regularity and dependability in scheduling all appointments and accuracy in reports and statistics.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Is dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance.
- Able to evaluate program services and make recommendations.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Is able to develop positive working relationships with clients, referral sources, service agencies, landlords, and others encountered in the course of work.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- * Essential functions of this job is to be performed on company physical work site. During Covid-19 pandemic some work is completed remotely.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field and two years related experience.
- Valid Drivers License and acceptable driving record
Leadership- Good managers should be able to lead the employees they manage. Leadership traits include coaching, emotional stability, enthusiasm and self-assurance, Warmth and competence are unique qualities of leadership.
Communication- Good managers must be able to communicate well, listen effectively and be aware of nonverbal communication.
Problem-Solving-Good managers are able to identify and solve problems and take responsibility for problems that arise rather than seeing them as someone else’s responsibility and take an ethical approach to problem-solving.
Accountability- A manager with strong accountability qualities will take action and responsibility for their goals and objectives.
Integrity- Key attributes of a good manager are derivatives of legitimate character and integrity.
Initiative and Creativity- Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Family Service