A growing food manufacturing company is need of a Quality Assurance Manager / SQF Practitioner. In this position you will conduct quality assurance audits of production, assuring company standards are maintained, and product integrity is preserved. The QA Manager is responsible for resolving quality, production, and efficiency problems. They are to function as an information source for various company departments when special and critical quality issues occur.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, but not required
2. 2-4 years of experience in field, laboratory, or production facility quality control
3. Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
4. Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
5. Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
1.The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure standards of quality, production, and efficiency are being met but not limited to:
2. Administers the food safety and quality department ensuring the highest level of accountability and value for the customer/consumer.
3. Implementing and maintaining the integrity of SQF level 2 and ensuring the company complies with all federal, state and company mandated regulations.
4. Oversees the development, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals and food safety plan.
5. Takes appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.
6. The SQF Practitioner is responsible for communicating to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
7. The responsibility for establishing and implementing the training needs of the organization’s personnel to ensure they have the required competencies to carry out those functions affecting products, legality and safety shall be defined and documented.
8. Developing new SOP’s, SSOP’s on third party audit, customer or regulation demands.
9. Manage HACCP programs, annual re-assessments, and revisions of the plan, Food Defense, Pest Control, Sanitation, GMP, Product Traceability, Recall, Hold, Verification and Validation Programs.
10. Executes quality and safety programs and ensures that the programs are running according and in compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
11. Develops training programs and materials for employees and trains the QA Technicians on activities such as Pre op, environmental microbial program, daily SOP, SSOP’s etc.
12. Ensures that all the plant personnel are trained on Food safety and quality food defense programs.
13. Manages the Supplier Quality Assurance program.
14. Obtains all the required supplier compliance monitoring documents timely.
15. Collaborates with the suppliers to resolve complaint issues related to food safety or quality.
16. Works with the receiving and buying departments to ensure quality and resolve quality issues with incoming and outgoing product.
17. Addresses Customer/Consumer complaints, performs corrective actions, and communicates internally and/or externally regarding product customer complaints.
18. Analyzes plant and quality measurement and makes recommendations for improvement.
19. Oversees the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and hold product.
20. Implements and maintains the Gluten Free Certification and Organic Certification Programs.
21. Responsible for training personnel regarding gluten, gluten free and organic responsibilities.
Great Pay and Benefits for this 1st shift Quality Assurance Manager / SQF Practitioner opportunity. If you are qualified and interested, please apply online at www.aurstaff.com or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org