A founder-owned, artisan meat manufacturer based in southern Norwalk, Iowa is seeking a Maintenance & Safety Engineer. The Maintenance & Safety Engineer is a key member of the team, and responsible for developing and implementing effective, high-quality manufacturing plant/equipment maintenance systems and programs. Maximizing operating hours and safe working conditions while minimizing downtime, off-hours calls, and injuries. The Maintenance & Safety Engineer is accountable for keeping the facility and grounds in excellent condition in support of our efforts to grow our market share and deliver the financial results that meet our business goals and customer expectations as well as creating a safe environment where everyone can go home in the same condition that they arrived in.
Maintenance & Safety Engineer Duties:
• Manage activities, tools, equipment, shop, spare parts inventory, and resources related to the maintenance of plant, equipment, and grounds.
• Create, implement, and manage Scheduled Maintenance system, with transparency to key team members and decision makers.
• Create, implement, and manage accurate system for inventory of tools, equipment, spare parts and resources.
• Serve as point-of-contact for suppliers, i.e. building, equipment, mechanical, technology suppliers.
• Develop and manage professional relationships, networks, and resources to achieve optimum maintenance goals.
• Manage continuous improvement projects, scheduling, and communication related to equipment maintenance, installation, and upgrades.
• Create, implement, and manage safety program in alignment with established needs and OSHA regulations. Conduct safety training and manage related documentation working with the Controller on any reportable injuries.
• Organize First Response Team for first aid, injury information/interview collection, clean up and corrective actions, if applicable.
Maintenance & Safety Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar field
• High level of knowledge, understanding, familiarity, and abilities applicable to the repair and maintenance of machines, technological and manufacturing equipment, refrigeration facilities and systems.
• Able to acquire, comprehend, analyze, and utilize schematics and data.
• High level of knowledge, understanding, familiarity, and abilities applicable to manufacturing safety and safety program design, OSHA training card a plus.
• Excellent time management skills, follow-through, balancing multiple projects, sense of urgency, and task prioritization.
Maintenance & Safety Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
• Bilingual, Spanish or Italian is a plus.
• HVAC systems
• Electrical systems
If you are interested in this Maintenance & Safety Engineer position call Jeremy at 402-895-4422 or click the link below to apply today!