A Industry leader in general contracting, construction management, millwright services and design and engineering located in Ankeny, IA is looking for a Senior Design Lead to to lead the grain facilities design team.
Sr. Design Lead Duties:
• Responsible for the front-end conceptual design phase, estimating, leading a design team through the production design process, and procurement for construction projects.
• Understands industrial process flows, equipment, and design methodology required to develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), P&ID’s, and general arrangement equipment layout drawings.
• Develop the project’s scope, including spatial requirements, operational considerations, building use, equipment, and consider the overall safety, budget, schedule, and quality of large, complex construction projects from project inception through project completion.
• Coordinate with the project manager to manage all phases of the engineering process with both in-house and external design resources.
Sr. Design Lead Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related science field such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering preferred. Combined experience and industry educational certifications to demonstrate competency considered.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in grain facility design
• Certification of completion in Professional Engineer License (P.E.), Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Engineer in Training (EIT), and/or Lean Qualifications or willing to obtain.
• Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and on-line collaboration tools. Proficient in Autodesk/Plant Design Suite products like Revit and AutoCAD is desired, with knowledge of Inventor, Navisworks, etc., beneficial.
If interested in this position call Jeremy at 402-895-4422 or apply below.