A local Omaha hospital with a reputation for excellence in health care is looking for a Biomedical Engineering Technician. The Biomedical Engineering Technician maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan. The Biomedical Engineering Technician performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of general biomedical equipment under direct or moderate guidance or supervision of an experienced staff member. While providing basic support of acuity equipment for patient care staff.
Biomedical Engineering Technician Duties:
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of the job, activity or function, needs supervision or mentoring on advanced assignments.
• Installs, maintains, services, modifies, troubleshoots and calibrates a variety of diagnostic, therapeutic and life support devices by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams, and graphic illustrations.
• Performs electrical safety tests on healthcare technology using specialized test equipment.
• Exhibits a basic understanding the use of devices supported with appropriate staff and equipment operators
• Provides basic support of acuity equipment for direct patient care
• Demonstrates familiarity with the operations and environment that they support such as hospital, clinic, etc.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the operations and environment that technician supports in support of providing the appropriate biomedical technical support.
• Assists in the support of a systematic preventive maintenance program of healthcare technology.
• Maintains a basic understanding of both local and national public safety and regulatory issues.
• Demonstrates the ability to solve basic front-line customer service issues.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of clinical equipment, radiological, laboratory and network medical systems.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of project management terms and methods
• Documents the introduction of new medical equipment and evaluates to ensure it meets documented hospital safety requirements. Obtains and inputs information necessary to maintain the Clinical Engineering database.
• Diagnoses and corrects system and equipment malfunctions by making alterations, repairs and replacements to ensure that medical equipment and internal circuitry meet specified requirements; make necessary calculations for computing circuit elements necessary to adjust circuitry to specified requirements as instructed.
• Documents repair and maintenance service activities including but not limited to detailed equipment repairs by equipment identification.
• Completes requisition for vendor service and repair/replacement parts.
• Interacts with equipment users to identify reasons contributing to equipment malfunctions.
• Monitors user errors as well as equipment failures and other problems in order to improve program quality.
• Completes rounds and maintains shop space in a responsible manner.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair and troubleshooting techniques through vendor training and manufacturer’s manuals.
• Provides technical assistance and instruction to medical personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment as directed.
Biomedical Engineering Technician Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
If you feel your qualified or want more information for this Biomedical Engineering Technician position call Jeremy at 402-895-4422 or apply below, thanks.