AurStaff Colorado Springs, CO
A family-owned grain operation based out of Wiley, CO, with three locations in Eastern Colorado is hiring for the right person to join our team. We are hiring for a Grain Elevator Location Manager to oversee both our Bethune, CO (4 employees) and Vona, CO facilities.
Location Manager Qualifications and Duties:
- The ability to lead a team ideally with prior experience in agriculture
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to work extended hours during peak season
- Strong ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to Safety Policy.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company as well as contractors, freight companies and other grain companies.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Supervision of all Bethune/Vona area operations and personnel.
- Schedule day-to-day workloads and assign various job responsibilities or ensure scheduling takes place and production levels and deadlines are being met.
- Meet with other supervisors, merchandiser and team leaders to determine various staffing needs, equipment and facility needs. Monitor overall efficiency of area operations and people.
- Train people and ensure locations meet various government standards such as OSHA and FDA by conducting regular employee meetings to inform and educate.
- Load railcars to meet contract specifications and develop a positive relationship with railroad employees. Help develop a consistent rail loadout program.
- Monitor employee performance and ensure all employees comply and operate location equipment in a safe manner and safety policies are being followed.
- Prepare and schedule maintenance bids from millwright and electrical companies.
- Help develop the budget for operations and monitor the financial performance of the locations against the budget. Provide meaningful financial and operating information, projections, and analysis.
- Monitor and maintain grain quality and storage on a weekly basis. Send weekly grain reports and housekeeping reports to at the end of each week.
- General merchandising skills and understanding truck and freight rates in relation to elevator bids.
- Establish and implement internal controls that will provide cost effective protection over the assets of the organization.
- Develop a qualified staff that is competent to meet the technical and mechanical requirements of operating a grain elevator.
- Monitor employee performance and ensures all employees comply and operate location equipment in a safe manner and safety policies are being followed.
If interested in this position please apply below or call Jeremy at 402-895-4422.
| Date Posted
December 4, 2019
| Date Closes
February 2, 2020
| Located In
Colorado Springs, CO
| Job Type
| SOC Category
19-4011.01 Agricultural Technicians
This job requires the following skills
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Behavioral Services Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Manufacturing - Maintenance
- Sales / Business Development
- Remediation Services - Technician
This job is related other jobs in these career categories