A Northern Iowa hydraulic group is seeking a Materials Manager to join their team. In this position you will supervise and coordinate activities of the Warehouse, Saws, Stock Room, WIP Storage, Raw Casting Storage, Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving and Production Control departments to plan and expedite the flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between factory departments. Manages material cost, quality, delivery, lead time, inventory levels, and inventory accuracy by performing the following duties.
Materials Manager Duties:
- Reviews master production schedule and work orders
- Establishes priorities for specific customer orders
- Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers & materials
- Reschedules identical processes to eliminate duplicate machine setups
- Responsible for distributing work orders to, denoting number, type, and proposed completion date of units to be produced
- Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes
- Compiles reports concerning progress of work in progress to apprise production-planning personnel of production delays
- Maintains inventory of materials and parts needed to complete production
- Expedites production and establishes delivery dates for orders
- Reviews production schedules and related information
- Confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material
- Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments according to job order priorities
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production report
- Performs all work in a safety conscious manner
- Be aware of dangers and take all appropriate counter measures to protect yourself and oters around you
- Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area consistent with the Company’s housekeeping policies
- Responsible for all inventory levels & accuracy. Maintain cycle count programs/records
- Complete cost rolls A/R
- Responsible for mfg. accounting function
Materials Manager Qualifications & Education:
- A BA/BS degree, preferably in Material Requirements Planning or its equivalent plus six (6) to eight (8) years relevant experience.
- Must possess a high degree of computer literacy in both of the JDE systems and P.C.
- Requiring a high degree of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If interested in this position please apply below or call Jeremy at 402-895-4422.