Rapidly growing mechanical industry leader seeks an Mechanical Estimating Manager to perform mechanical take-offs and accurately build pre-construction/construction documents across a wide range of commercial projects. The main goal is to provide detailed reports that will enable the corporation to make informed decisions to enhance profitability and growth.
Mechanical Estimating Manager Duties:
- Review mechanical drawings/specifications to prepare quantity take-offs
- Incorporate feedback from various departments to better provide accurate quotes, pricing and information to the client
- Perform detailed cost estimates by breaking down items of work on an orderly and logical basis
- Identify and compute costs after reviewing specific labor, material and time requirements
- Obtain quotes for materials, services and sources
- Maintain a cost database for future reference
Mechanical Estimating Manager Responsibilities:
1. ESTIMATING – Leads the preparation and assembly of all major estimates within the Mechanical Department. Delegates estimating duties to Mechanical Project Managers and Engineers as required to maintain the bid schedule. Oversees all estimating functions performed by others within the department.
2. DATA BASE – Maintains a database of estimate history, project results, and bid results. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the estimating system’s software data base in a timely manner to provide all users with current information. Updates and maintains the Local 16 and Local 464 targeting log for all projects bid within the Mechanical Department.
3. PROCEDURES – Develops conceptual, plan, and specification bid procedures and standards to improve consistency and efficiency of the estimating process. Formalizes and maintains a written bid procedure.
4. CUSTOMER RELATIONS – Develops successful relationships with internal and external customers and takes advantage of opportunities to market all of the Company’s products and services. Solicits bid schedules from all major general contractors. Monitors the Plan Room’s Night Line, construction periodicals, and ISQFT fro potential projects.
5. OTHER DUTIES – Performs other estimating administration duties as assigned.
Primary qualifications include:
- An Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred
- 5-10 years of Estimating experience
- A working knowledge of computerized Estimating Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Construction Documents
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Computer proficiency in M.S. Office
- The ability to work alone as well as with others in a professional manner
- Organized with good attention to details
- Responsiveness to both internal and external customers
If interested in this opportunity fill out the application below or call Jeremy at 402-895-4422!