Omaha hospital in need of 1st Shift Environmental Services/Housekeeping. Great pay and benefits await a skilled janitor/housekeeper looking for their next career opportunity.
**This is a full time, permanent position**
Environmental Services/Housekeeping Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of offices, restrooms, utility rooms, kitchenettes, nurses stations, report rooms, conference rooms, halls and lab areas.
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting of resident/patient rooms, restrooms, tub/shower rooms, linen closets, lounges and common areas.
- Responsible for environmental patient/resident needs.
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
Environmental/Housekeeping Daily Tasks:
- Operate commercial and small vacuums to clean all assigned carpeted areas and vacuum hall register vents to promote quality air flow
- Dust and clean fire doors, under lounge furniture, baseboards, wall and ceiling lights according to established guidelines
- Dust and clean designated equipment, furniture, door and window surfaces
- Dust and wash bed frames and mattresses according to established guidelines
- Maintain and distribute supplies to designated areas to ensure adequate stock
- Handle wet and dry mops to clean and disinfect hard surface areas
- Scrub and disinfect all designated restrooms, utility rooms, shower/tub,kitchenettes according to department guidelines
- Push and pull handcart with daily supplies and equipment to each area to be cleaned
- Remove refuse from all designated containers and replace with clean liners
- Mix and dilute housecleaning chemicals according to established guidelines
- Handle linen to make beds daily
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury
- Clean, dust and disinfect assigned areas
Environmental Services/Housekeeping Additional Duties:
- Medium work - Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Walk and stand constantly
- Stoops, crouch and reach frequently
- Outside work to clean unattached buildings/properties
- Push and pull handcart with supplies to areas to be cleaned.
- Receives information orally and/or visually for cleaning instructions and safety measures
- Required to wear gloves while handling cleaning products and disinfecting
- Handle and have contact with water and other liquid materials
- Handle corrosive liquid cleaning products frequently for disinfecting
- Occasionally push and pull commercial wet vacs and extractors to do floor cleaning
- Handle household aerosol sprays for cleaning
- Occasionally may be required to lift or pull floor-cleaning machines up and down stairs with assistance if needed
- Routinely exposed to bio hazardous materials
- Continuous handling and grasping of cleaning and managing supplies and equipment
- Ability to go up and down stairs and ladder
Environmental/Housekeeping Position Requirements:
- Institutional cleaning experience preferred
- Basic math skills preferred
- Basic reading skills required
- Must maintain positive communication in a fast paced environment under adverse conditions
Environmental/Housekeeping Position Benefits:
- Pay based upon experience
- FULL, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, 401k, paid vacation, paid holidays, etc)
- Friendly work environment with a company that genuinely cares about their people
- Great job stability working in a large, brand new, state of the art medical facility
If you have what it takes to hit the ground running and make a difference in the facility that you work, look no further!
This Environmental Services/Housekeeping position is for you!
Call Josh at 402.895.4422 TODAY or apply below.