Are you passionate and dedicated to the food industry?
A 1,400-acre private lake development located 40 miles west of the Des Moines metro is seeking an Executive Chef to build upon the current success of its culinary program.This is a working Chef position that is hands-on, but also responsible for food and labor benchmarks. Candidate must be able to prepare meals for 300-plus guests, as well as turn tables in an acceptable time.
Executive Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan menus according to popularity of various dishes and holidays
- Control menu costs and maintain appropriate food cost margins, follow annual guideline on budget
- Develop recipes and standards for food preparation and presentation
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste
- Hire, schedule, supervise and coordinate the work activities of all kitchen staff
- Train food preparation staff regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the kitchen areas.
- Ensure all kitchen personnel meet high standards of personal and professional appearance.
- Focus on quickly-served, high-quality food.
- Meet with the Interim Events and Hospitality Manager to plan special menus for events.
- Continually review opportunities to improve business results
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments
Executive Chef Qualifications:
- Culinary Arts degree or related is highly preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef also preferred
- Management and banquet experience highly preferred
- Willing to work flexible hours as required, including nights and weekends
Pay: Salaried position
Hours: Executive Chef’s weekly schedule will vary upon the business needs and demands of the resort.
His/her experience and professional judgment should be exercised in determining work hours.
Cook up your resume and apply!
How to apply: Call Jeremy at 402-895-4422
Click on the link below