Are you used to getting your hands greasy working on large projects and not getting paid well for it? A local leading competitor in the heavy-duty truck market, in the Omaha metro area, is seeking out a rock star Diesel Mechanic who knows everything about electrical and cooling systems, engines and other diesel components. We want someone who can utilize both diagnostic computing software and plain old hands-on tactics to identify mechanical and technical problems, as well as perform standard oil changes and engine rebuilds.
Services on diesel engines require unique techniques and procedures which is why we are looking for a Diesel Mechanic that has a minimum of 3 years’ experience working on complex and heavy-duty trucks. Sometimes the smallest problem can be the cause of big issues, so you must have an eye for detail when it comes to maintaining and repairing these diesel engines.
There is one need on day shift and one need on night shift.
Depending on your experience, the Diesel Mechanic wage will be between $20-$32/hr.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
• Inspect, service and maintain diesel engines
• Use hand and power tools and specialized machinery
• Disassemble, repair and reassemble engines
• Completely overhaul non-working engines
• Weld joints and components, source materials and fabricate parts to complete repairs
• Minimize waste by working efficiently and accurately
• Troubleshoot malfunctions to determine root causes
• Remove and replace component parts like belts, pumps and brake systems
• Perform preventative and scheduled maintenance
• Follow all safety regulations
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications:
• High school degree or equivalent
• Technical degree or certification is a plus
• A minimum of 3 years experience working with diesel engines or heavy duty trucks
• BE able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs
• Having own set of general tools is recommended, not required
• Use computers to operate work order system
• Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
Diesel Mechanic Benefits Include:
• Excellent compensation
• Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, PTO and holiday pay.
If you are used to getting your hands greasy, working the big jobs and ready to get paid well for it, call 402.895.4422 and ask for Sydney, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Click "Apply" today to be considered for this Diesel Mechanic opportunity!