A local CNC production machine shop in the Omaha metro is looking for a CNC Programmer. This CNC Programmer MUST have an extensive background in machining and CNC programming.
This CNC production machine shop is dedicated to manufacturing high quality products efficiently while providing timely deliveries and creating an atmosphere with continuous improvement, where all employees strive to exceed customer expectations
CNC Programmer Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the CNC Programmer is to take a participatory approach in managing engineering resources to allow operation at the highest standard of safety, quality and efficiency.
CNC Programmer functions include:
• Develop and document manufacturing processes to efficiently utilize existing capabilities and capacities.
• Develop CNC programs using CAD/CAM software.
• Manage CNC program files and communication with machines.
• Design and build workholding fixtures and special tooling.
• Analyze non-conforming parts for rework/disposition/process adjustment and document counts.
• Continuously improve upon existing processes along with updating CNC programs and subsequent documentation.
• Technical development of Engineering and Production staff.
• Advise on equipment upgrade and maintenance needs.
• Participate in design review, quality planning and estimating activities
• Manage tooling being returned from completed jobs (evaluate condition, sharpen as needed, put away, etc).
• Expand the engineering department;
o (a) Mentor a second person to aid in part processing / method creation, part programming, fixture/workholding design & data management.
o (b) Mentor/Train a person to build fixtures and special tools along with managing the cutting tool inventory.
CNC Programmer Qualifications:
• 7 plus years of experience in Process Engineering in a CNC Machine Shop environment.
• 5 plus years of CNC programming experience (machining centers and lathes).
• CAD/CAM experience.
• Experience in workholding and fixture design.
CNC Programmer Benefits:
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Health / Dental insurance available
If you’re interested in being considered for this CNC Programmer position, please call Sydney at 402.895.4422, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online today!