We are currently working on a fantastic opportunity in the Kansas City area you’ll want to hear about. One of our clients is currently searching for an experienced Cobol Developer. This is a 12-month contract supporting the organization on the application development team. The organization is a multi-national company with an extremely stable environment and is a leader in their field. If you are looking for a company that will allow you the chance to make an impact on an organization, this Cobol Developer position is your chance. This is a great opportunity to begin building a career not just start a new job!
Typical job duties of the Cobol Developer:
• Provide estimates and helps set deliverable deadlines and manages to them.
• Respond to incident tickets directly or as assigned as part of a production support responsibility.
• Follow a repeatable methodology in the development, testing and assisting in the installation of application software and adheres to quality standards.
• Provide timely and accurate status reports, including time reporting and adherence to a level of effort (LOE) estimations, to IT management on the status of existing projects and outstanding project requests.
• Develop and executes accurate and concise unit and integration test scripts.
• Develop and/or modifies computer programs/systems at all levels.
• Assigned primary or backup holiday and weekend on-call support on a rotational basis.
• May assist with regression testing.
Skills and experience of the Cobol Developer:
• 5-7 years’ experience with COBOL, SQL, and DB2 is required.
• Experience with JCL and CICS experience would be a plus.
• Experience working on applications and software programs to determine solutions to production issues and the changes need to accomplish the project objectives.
• Experience with application development in a Linux. DB2/LUW and microfocus COBOL environment would be a plus.
• Experience previously working in a role doing maintenance and application production support and troubleshooting is a plus.
• 3-5 years of prior railroad industry experience in a technology role is required.
• Bachelor's degree
*U.S citizens/Green card ONLY due to government or federal requirement *
*We CAN NOT accept 3rd party candidates
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time*
*Only candidates closely matching the clients required qualifications and experience will receive a reply.*
Call 888-627-1717 today for more information on this Cobol Developer opportunity or apply online right now! Please reference job # 18-827989 when you contact us.
|Date Posted||October 29, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 28, 2018|
|Located In||Kansas City, MO|
|Job Type||Full-time Contractor / Consultant|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||15-1021.00 Computer Programmers|
|Name||Aureus Group Systems|
|Address||13609 California Street, Suite 100|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68154|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories