Aureus Group has partnered with an amazing nonprofit organization to find a SQL Database Administrator! This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that serves others!! Fun, casual work environment, work-life balance, amazing benefits, tuition reimbursement and tons of PTO!!
Responsibilities of the SQL Database Administrator :
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of all corporate databases along with assisting development teams with new database designs, maintenance, and tuning for mission-critical systems.
- Design, maintain and monitor corporate databases developing and maintaining SQL jobs and scripts along with managing availability groups, backups, and disaster recovery planning.
- Provide day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to; backup, restore, performance tuning, security management, capacity planning, standards development and enforcement.
- Investigate/Troubleshoot database issues.
- Monitor database events and proactively optimize system performance.
- Function as an important member of the software development team, recommending database technologies and designing efficient structures.
- Implement and support systems for internal and external clients. Objectively tests own work.
- Work both independently and within the development team.
- Develop timelines and keep projects on track.
Qualifications of the SQL Database Administrator :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from four-year College or University plus two years’ experience.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 through 2016, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Understanding and knowledge of availability groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Database/SQL performance tuning and monitoring.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and CouchDB is desirable.
- An understanding of REST APIs and GraphQL is desirable.
- The ability to learn new technologies and database tools through self-study is required.
- Problem Solving Skills.
At Aureus Group, we’re the recruitment advisors our clients trust to expertly uncover professionals with not only the experience, skills, and abilities, but also the passion, ethics, and integrity that are critical to your success. We’re the experts professionals turn to for direct access to challenging and rewarding jobs in their field, many of which are unadvertised.
If you have a background that lines up well with the SQL Database Administrator description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply online or call 888-239-5993 for a confidential conversation. Please refer to reference 18-813643 when inquiring.
|Date Posted||October 29, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 28, 2018|
|Located In||Lincoln, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||15-1061.00 Database Administrators|
|Name||Aureus Group Systems|
|Address||13609 California Street, Suite 100|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68154|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories