Lutheran Family Services of NE is seeking a full time therapist to provide therapeutic crisis response mental health assessments and short-term intervention services to Douglas County Crisis Response Program (DCCRP) referred individuals and their families.
LMHP is preferred, but PLMHP will be considered
Essential Job Duties:
• Able to evaluate and assess the severity of mental health symptoms, to include substance abuse.
• Review and up-date client safety plan.
• Refer to and coordinate necessary psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring to ensure client stabilization.
• Provide short-term therapeutic intervention to reduce the primary symptoms and stabilize the client.
• Educate clients on their illness and, if on medication, the necessity to take psychotropic medication as directed to reduce symptoms.
• Assist the promotion of agency behavioral health (BH) crisis services, workshops and classes.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with BH Acute facilities, Shelters, law enforcement, area medical clinics and Salvation Army, and other professionals.
• Develop working knowledge of area resources and professional service providers for client referral and coordination of services.
• Assist clients in discharge planning to ensure stabilization, use of natural support systems and the least restrictive level of care.
• Follow Agency policies and procedures.
• Provide on-call services on a rotational basis as required by program.
• Integrate cultural considerations into urgent outpatient service delivery.
• Maintain records of services provided per established program and/or Agency standards.
• Timely completion of required provider enrollment forms and reports needed for Region VI and State of Nebraska or third-party payers or entities.
• Participate in program specific Quality Assurance Improvement (CQI) activities as assigned and as required by the State of Nebraska and the Region 6 Behavioral Health Service Systems.
• Upon assignment by the Urgent Care Supervisor or Regional Director, may provide clinical supervision to students in field placement and/or less experienced therapists to broaden community resources for persons in Behavioral health crisis.
• Upon assignment by UC Supervisor or Regional Director may provide clinical direction for paraprofessional staff and peer specialists.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college in a human service program that provided preparation for professional counseling.
• Licensure as a mental health practitioner in the state of Nebraska preferred, provisional mental health licensure will be considered.
• Knowledge of assessment techniques and determination of mental health status using the DSM IV criteria and guidelines.
• Working knowledge of mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
• Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Valid vehicle operator license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for Agency business.
• Personal convictions which are compatible with the Urgent Care program philosophy.
• Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services.
|Date Posted||March 14, 2018|
|Date Closes||April 13, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, Varies, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors|
|Address||124 S 24th St. Suite 220|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories