Community Support Specialist
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska Omaha, NE
Provide overall case management services. The program serves individuals residing in a specified Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region, who are 19 or older, and who are or who have a history of severe mental health disorder affecting their basic functioning. Mental health providers, hospitals, Regional Centers, will refer individuals to this program. Estimated length of service per client is two (2) years (Region VI).
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop an Integrated Treatment Team Plan (ITTP) and facilitate implementation of the Individual Program Goals. Including but not limited to Community Living Skills, Daily Living Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Vocational/Educational Skills, Medication Management, Physical Health Care, Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse Services, Resource Acquisition, Psychiatric Emergency/Relapse and any other consumer needs not addressed in one of the above areas. (Primary duty – 75%)
- Develop discharge plan with the client.
- Conduct needs assessment in client’s place of residence.
- Arrange for and physically transport clients as needed to facilitate the above plan.
- Develop crisis response for each client, assess and respond to crisis situations as well as developing plans of actions with the client.
- Monitor client progress in the services received and facilitate updating the individual service goals.
- Coordinate all treatment activities with services provided to the client by other resources.
- Advocate for the client with other service providers.
- Maintain a caseload while meeting program billing requirements monthly.
- Record every service or interaction staff provide on behalf of Community Support clients in the Profiler electronic health record within 24 hours.
- Bachelor’s degree, social work, human services, sociology, psychology or education required.
- Two years’ demonstrable knowledge, familiarity, and/or experience in provision of community-based rehabilitation services.
- Demonstrated decision making skills and competencies to work with adult people with mental illness.
- Familiarity with psychotropic medications and their side effects.
- Experience in problem-solving and using discretion in crisis mediation situations. Knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge of the sociological, behavioral and cultural factors. Influencing the behavior and attitudes of adults with severe emotional disorders and their families.
- Valid vehicle operator license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for organization business.
- Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services.
| Date Posted
January 9, 2018
| Date Closes
April 28, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $13.74 - $19.23, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
21-1029.00 Social Workers, All Other
This job requires the following skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
This job is related other jobs in these career categories