Program Associate - Center for Healthy Families
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska Omaha, NE
The Program Associate will provide assistance to staff and clients of the Center for Healthy Families program. Oversee all aspects of maintaining the Boutique program store and overseeing child care activities for program classes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet agency clients and visitors and provide them with designated information.
- Receive and handle all incoming phone calls.
- Determine the needs of callers, provide basic information about the agency’s services and take messages.
- Create letters, memos, reports and other documents using established business formats.
- Order supplies as needed for the office.
- Assist in overseeing volunteers engaged in child care activities or working in the program store.
- Assist Program Coordinator in volunteer recruitment for child care activities.
- Assist program clients with purchases in the store.
- Manage childcare and childcare activities for parenting and support groups. Supervise daycare volunteers during daycare activities.
- Ensure families are addressed using strength-based efforts.
- At the direction of the Center for Healthy Families Program Coordinator, may provide Lactation Consultant and Car Seat Education services.
- Maintain and track store inventory.
- Price items for use in the store.
- Refurbish community resource information available to clients, order information as needed and maintain ordering information.
- Manage the adult and children’s lending library.
- Participate in regular individual and group supervision meetings.
- Participate in overall Agency team building opportunities.
- Track program outcome statistics.
- Ensure all client file information is up to date; send out letters requesting information as necessary.
- Monitor client’s use of the program store; send out letters of possible termination as necessary.
- Maintain mailing lists for the program.
- Maintain volunteer hours log.
- Send out monthly program newsletter to clients
- Assist with annual fundraising event as needed including tracking donor contributions and mailings.
• High School diploma
• Experience in early childhood development
• Valid driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for Agency business
• Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services
| Date Posted
November 22, 2017
| Date Closes
December 22, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $11.25 - $15.19, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
43-4171.00 Receptionists and Information Clerks
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Credit Union
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Phone Receptionist
This job is related other jobs in these career categories