Lutheran Family Services of NE is seeking a full time APRN, PA or Nurse Practitioner to provide psychiatric consultations, assessments and treatment to LFS clients. This professional will provide clinical services encompassed by the scope of practice as defined in the Nurse Practitioner Act or Nebraska Statute 38-2047. The program clientele benefit from additional onsite services and community support specialists to work with clients in their homes and community to be more successful in their recovery efforts.
This position works daylight hours only, no on-call duties, no weekends! Monday-Thursday 8a-6p, Friday 8a-12p. Earned vacation up to 4 weeks, paid holidays, partial licensure coverage.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide diagnosis and treatment of patients in need of psychiatry services when requested by the patient’s attending physician or in accordance with established policies of LFS.
• Provide clinical consultation services to referring counselors regarding psychiatry services.
• Provide medication management including both initial pharmacological treatment and follow-up evaluation of therapeutic and side effects of psychotropic medications.
• Act in accordance with the Code of Ethics.
• Prepare written narrative reports or such other appropriate documentation for inclusion in the patient’s medical record in accordance with LFS policy.
• Determine billing codes for each clinical service based on CPT code definitions.
Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric
• Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Nebraska
• Master’s degree in Nursing from a school acknowledged by the State of Nebraska Department of Human Services
• National certification in the area of specialty
• 30 contact hours of pharmacotherapeutics
Physician Assistant – Clinical
• Bachelor's degree from a PA training program certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) and the board
• Completed proficiency exam
• Approved by the Board and DHHS to perform medical services under supervision of a physician or group of physicians approved by the board to supervise a Physician Assistant
• Current collaborative agreement with at least one psychiatrist
• Detailed knowledge of psychiatric practice and client care in terms of theories and practices to serve as the resource and educator for other practitioners in area of expertise/client populations
• Knowledge of the principle of growth and development over the lifespan of the clients served
• Valid driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for organization business
• Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services
|Date Posted||November 22, 2017|
|Date Closes||December 22, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Function||APRN, PA or Nurse Practitioner|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, Varies, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week; Can be combinations of 8 AM - 8 PM Mondays and Wednesdays, and 8 AM - 6 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays or 8 AM to 5 PM Tuesday/Thursday and 9 AM - 11 AM Fridays|
|SOC Category||29-1171.00 Nurse Practitioners|
|Name||Lutheran Family Services|
|Address||124 S 24th St|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position