Assist and provide translation and interpretation services to LFS clients to facilitate access to needed services such as educational training, medical, child care, transportation, substance abuse/mental health, and other related needs.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide translation and interpretation as requested to fulfill needs of LFS clients.
• Provide LFS clients with an awareness of U.S. cultural expectations and requirements as appropriate.
• Treat all LFS staff, clients, and volunteers with respect.
• Keep all clients names and information and other organization information confidential.
• Guard client confidentiality in waiting areas and during phone contact.
• Conduct LFS appointments in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• U.S. Citizen or lawfully authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Bilingual in English and another language
• Have reliable transportation to and from work site
• Driver’s license, good driving record, and current insurance
• Work well in a multi-cultural environment
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to meet the constant changing environment
• Must be flexible to scheduling time regarding evenings and weekends
|Date Posted||November 22, 2017|
|Date Closes||February 24, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Casual / Contingent Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $18.00|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||< 15 hours per week|
|Desired Secondary Language Skill||Somali|
|SOC Category||27-3091.00 Interpreters and Translators|
|Address||124 S 24th St. Suite 220|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories