Provide direct client services for refugees, immigrants, parolees, asylees, human trafficking victims to in securing basic needs to achieving self sufficiency.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist with management of the ICH program including training, completing reports, Quality Control, Case Managers and intern and practicum students.
• Provide direct client and educational services to ICH clients including: refugees, immigrants, parolees, asylees and human trafficking victims.
• Provide case management for refugee and immigrant populations with various issues such as but not limited to: housing, health, legal, social services, employment and education.
• Complete DHHS applications for the following: SNAP (Formerly Food Stamps), Medicaid, Aid to Dependent Children (ADC), Chore Services and/other DHHS Programs.
• Provide assessments to ICH clients, addressing both clients’ short term and long term needs.
• Provide referrals to outside agencies as needed including but not limited to: Food pantries, medical providers, education programs, and other area nonprofits.
• Collaborate with Omaha non-profits, medical providers, and other community agencies on behalf clients needs.
• Facilitate work with necessary interpreters for clients language needs.
• Facilitate implementation of grant expectations.
• Complete ongoing cultural orientation presentations for refugee communities.
• Transport clients as agreed in their Partnership Agreement and Service Plan.
• Document and track clients progress for ongoing services based on ICH Service Plan
• Adhere to the Council on Accreditation (COA) record keeping standards.
• Document client interactions as it relates to their case in both ICH Database and Case Notes.
• Complete data entry of individual client information, group meetings, and ongoing services.
• Track and document ongoing client progress and assessments.
• Complete 90 Day and Case Closing Reviews.
Community and Church Relations
• Act as a liaison between the ICH and refugee communities, Omaha greater area communities, agencies, and churches.
• Act on behalf of clients when working with other organizations in relation to their case.
• Knowledge of the United States Refugee Resettlement program preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human or Social Services or equivalent experience in these fields.
• Linguistically and culturally competent to holistically serve the client population.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license, proof of liability of insurance and ability to drive for organization business.
• Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services.
|Date Posted||August 30, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 30, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $13.74 - $19.23, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||21-1029.00 Social Workers, All Other|
|Address||124 S 24th St. Suite 220|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories