Plans, develops, implements, and administers LFS Children Services in accordance with Lutheran Family Services (LFS) organizational objectives throughout all LFS Children Services locations. Responsible for the delivery of LFS Children Services programmatic and service delivery integrity, quality, and established outcomes.
Essential Job Duties
• Implement organization-wide management initiatives throughout LFS Children Services.
• Coordinate LFS Children Services program development and service delivery statewide.
• Serve on LFS management workgroups as assigned.
• Travel across the state to attend meetings that promote services and activities of LFS.
• Serve as active member of LFS Leadership Team and Senior Management Team.
• Ensure good stewardship of all LFS Children Services resources.
• Participate on the LFS Quality Council.
• Directly supervise Behavioral Health, Prevention/Early Intervention, and Permanency/Well Being LFS Children Services management staff.
• Ensure LFS Children Services’ quality and integrity of service delivery through continuous quality assurance/quality improvement practices.
• Oversee LFS Children Services compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
• Manage LFS Children Services requirements related to licensing (including licensure as a child-placing agency), contracting, and accreditation.
• Oversee implementation of COA standards pertinent to Children Services programs and operations.
• Provide Vice President of Program analysis/recommendations regarding LFS Children Services program operations based on monthly financial statements, accounts receivable reports, and programmatic trends.
• Analyze and oversee LFS Children Services staffing patterns and assignments.
• Develop and implement LFS Children Services policies and procedures.
• Provide leadership and direction to the continual growth of LFS Children Services.
• Identify trends, both internal and external to LFS, and utilize them to deliver LFS mission.
Program Expansion/Development/Grants Management
• Actively seek out opportunities for LFS Children Services new and current service delivery growth and expansion.
• Work with Regional Behavioral Health and Community Services Managers and Program Managers to integrate and or expand Children Services.
• Coordinate and oversee grant proposals for new, current, or expanded LFS Children Services.
• Develop and maintain on-going positive relationships with key funding sources: public and private, local, state, and national.
• Negotiate LFS Children Services contracts with designated partners.
• Ensure outcomes of contracts and grants are met.
• Serve on planning, regulatory, and funding committees related to children’s services at the local, state, and national level.
• Network with other public and private children services agencies and funders throughout the state.
• Advocate for child welfare, juvenile justice, educational, legislative, and research initiatives as approved by LFS executive management.
• Oversee marketing and promotion of LFS Children Services throughout the state.
Other Key Responsibilities
• Participate in the Organization relations/fund raising functions as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s Degree in human service field, public administration, or business administration.
• Minimum of five years experience in child welfare services, with a minimum of five years supervisory experience.
• Integral knowledge of children’s and families’ behavioral health, prevention/early intervention, and permanency/well being concepts, practices, and programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Successful experience in the development and oversight of grant-related projects/programs.
• Demonstrated experience in organizational finance and budgeting.
• Working knowledge of structures, values, and beliefs within the organized Lutheran church bodies and a willingness to work within this framework.
• Regular and predictable attendance required.
• Valid Nebraska driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for organization business.
• Free to travel with overnight stays throughout the state of Nebraska as required.
• Free to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 9, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||27-2012.03 Program Directors|
|Address||124 S 24th St. Suite 220|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories