The Family Engagement Coordinator will work directly with the Director of Family Engagement at the Learning Community Center of North OmahaLCCNO) and the Program Director at the Learnng Community Center of South Omaha (LCCSO) in the collaborative development of a parent and family engagement program to meet the following goals:
1. Improve the existing effectiveness of existing family support teams in reaching out to parents and engaging them in their child’s learning and development.
2. Develop a process to implement parent connectivity and access to needed family support services inside and outside of the Center.
3. Manage operational activities to include quality assurance, compliance standards, database, client files, internal and external documentation, and supervision of the family liaisons.
4. As needed, work with Center leadership to develop and sponsor activities that will bring small groups of parents together that will support better engagement between parents and their children, information about child development, parenting strategies, and ‘school engagement’ skills or how to better connect with your child’s school.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, Public Administration or related field, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred
• Bilingual Preferred
• Demonstrated experience in an urban setting working directly with children, parents, families, teachers and community providers
• 2-4 years of previous management and/or supervisory experience, preferable in a mental health youth development, social work or behavioral health
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Valid Nebraska Driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for organization business
• Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services
|Date Posted||July 26, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 30, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, Varies, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||11-9151.00 Social and Community Service Managers|
|Address||124 S 24th St. Suite 220|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories