Right Turn Director
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska Omaha, NE
Right Turn® LLC is a collaboration between Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska and Nebraska Children’s Home Society, both are subcontracting service providers. LFS provides Right Turn® program management and oversight. The Right Turn® Director reports to the Right Turn® Board for program guidance. The Director will ensure high quality, empowering, and effective services for children and families participating in the Right Turn® program according to best, promising, and evidence-based practices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Recruit, train, and supervise the Right Turn® Deputy Project Manager, Training and Education Coordinator, Parent2Parent Program Coordinator, Marketing and Outreach Coordinator, and the Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure Right Turn’s efficiency and effectiveness in staffing, processes and organization. Conduct regular evaluations of staff efficiency and workloads. Provide this report to the Board.
- Work collaboratively with the Right Turn Deputy Project Manager to establish and communicate clear expectations for staff regarding service delivery, time management, and overall performance.
- Facilitate regular (minimum of monthly) all staff meetings to focus on program updates, peer to peer review of cases, and strengthening the sense of team.
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the Right Turn contract.
- Utilize assessment tools to focus services toward more effective approaches for adoptive families. In coordination with the Right Turn Deputy Project Manager, ensure compliance with assessment completion deadlines.
- Serve on multi-disciplinary teams and community groups to provide adoption competent recommendations and advocate for adoptive families
- Integrate cultural considerations into service delivery.
- Coordinate Access Line intake process to ensure that clients are responded to within the contractual timeframe.
- Coordination and oversight of the Training for Adoption Competency program.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the database.
- Responsible for the overall fiscal soundness of the Right Turn program.
Program Documentation and Outcome
- Maintain timely, legible records of services provided per established program and Agency standards.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reports to DHHS.
- Coordination and oversight of Right Turn program evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Collect follow-up data from families via service surveys. Work with Right Turn Deputy Project Manager to ensure surveys are completed within designated timeframes.
Community Education and Marketing
- Supervise and participate in the promotion of the Right Turn Program and its services.
- Market program through identification of key contacts and development of positive working relationships with key persons/organizations.
- In cooperation with the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator, prepare program promotional materials and the website.
- Oversee the promotion of the Right Turn program and its services, including exploring opportunities for on-going funding.
Minimum experience, education and skills:
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related field is required.
- Licensed to practice mental health in Nebraska.
- Maintain Nebraska licensure and continuing education requirements to provide counseling
- Minimum of five years child welfare experience, with a minimum of three years supervisory/management experience.
- Knowledge of adoption services, family systems and family therapy, and children’s mental health issues (including attachment, bonding, and grief and loss).
- Demonstrated ability in program development
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality clinical supervision and program direction.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for organization business.
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight a minimum of two nights per month.
| Date Posted
May 24, 2017
| Date Closes
September 30, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, $39,440.00 - $59,160.00, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
11-9151.00 Social and Community Service Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Credit Union
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Excellent Communications
- Problem Resolution
- Microsoft Office
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position