Distribution Operations Warehouse Manager
Manage and supervise activities of all warehouse and production team members engaged in shipping, receiving, inventory management, and production. Assign job tasks according to shipping schedules. Train new team members in job duties to maintain consistency, and accuracy throughout the warehouse. Ensure team members are working safe and following all safety, quality, and security guidelines. Comfort level working in a diverse, fast paced environment. Adhere to company guidelines and operational policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage Warehouse and Logistics operations. Achieve productivity and profitability objectives established by the company.
- Verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Implement cycle counting and/or physical inventories using inventory system reports, inventory software and count sheets in order to ensure inventory accuracy
- Manage team member tasks and responsibilities to receive, store, and load goods in accordance with established company standards and procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships with other departments and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- College degree with emphasis in distribution, warehouse, logistics, retail, or transportation. Some college plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the warehouse, manufacturing or transportation industry
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, distribution or logistics environment
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and results oriented demeanor
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of asset management procedures, and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office, WMS operating systems including experience with RF scanning.
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule
- Proven experience in quality and safety
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and follow-through skills
- Maintain forklift certification