Mosaic provides a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities through supports which are tailored to the individual's needs and desires. We support people to define their own happiness. We ask people how they like to spend their day, what they love to do in their spare time, where they want to live and goals they would like to achieve. We partner with them to make those things happen. These services are provided in collaboration with local, state, national, and international partners in 11 states and six countries. Mosaic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. For more information visit www.mosaicinfo.org.
Direct Support Professional - Supported Living
Located In:Fremont, NE
Part-Time - Evenings:
* Flexible hours during week nights (approx 4p-7p) and every Saturday or Sunday 12p-4p
If making a positive impact in the lives of others is always on your to-do list -- you'll LOVE working with a team that puts people first.
We're looking for Direct Support Professionals to join our team!
As a DSP, you will provide support and guidance to people served as they learn and develop important daily living skills and life activities to live as independently as possible.
You will love this job if you are:
* A natural helper - you possess the natural instinct to help people feel more relaxed, safe and confident; * A top-notch listener - you hear the one-of-a-kind stories in every person you meet and naturally embrace each person's uniqueness; * A dedicated teacher - you have a knack for sensing the emotions of others and enjoy helping others explore and learn; * A proud advocate - you have an innate desire to stand up for people who need a voice * A born go-getter - you are always looking for ways to add value, improve processes, build others up, and make the world a better place.
What you'll do in this role:
* Assist with the development of important daily living skills and life activities by creating an environment where people can learn, grow and discover; * Help people identify and achieve the goals most important to them in order to live their best life possible; * Monitor the comfort and safety of the people we serve while ensuring their medical, nutritional and personal care needs are being met; and, * Demonstrate emotional support while assisting with general housekeeping, meal preparation and laundry duties.
This job may be the perfect fit for you if...
* You have a passion for helping others * You're an effective, clear communicator - both written and verbal * You're practically always on time (or early) and strive to exceed expectations whenever possible * You have excellent time management skills and are able to juggle multiple responsibilities while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges, and questions. * You do whatever it takes and the phrase "That's not my job" is not a part of your vocabulary. * When you hear the word inclusive or inclusion, you know that is you. People are people and you consider yourself a people person!
* Desire to make a positive difference in people's lives. No experience or educational requirements needed. We provide thorough training. * Must be at least 18 years of age. * Valid U.S. driver's license required, where applicable. * Work requires frequent physical activity including extended periods of standing, walking, and bending with occasional periods of sitting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crouching, squatting and balancing. * Work also requires constant reaching between knee and shoulder level as well as frequent reaching below knee level and overhead. * Work requires occasional independent lifting up to 25 pounds, frequent push/pull up to 40 pounds of force and the ability to safely transfer 50 pounds.
Mosaic offers a competitive benefits package including a free health insurance option! Other benefits include dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off and a wellness program. To learn more, please visit www.mosaicinfo.org.