Mosaic provides a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities through supports which are tailored to the individual's needs and desires. We support people to define their own happiness. We ask people how they like to spend their day, what they love to do in their spare time, where they want to live and goals they would like to achieve. We partner with them to make those things happen. These services are provided in collaboration with local, state, national, and international partners in 11 states and six countries. Mosaic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. For more information visit www.mosaicinfo.org.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Located In:Omaha, NE
If making a positive impact in the lives of others is a constant on your to-do list -- you'll LOVE working with a team that puts people first.
We're looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team!
With so many moving pieces, Mosaic relies heavily on the nursing team's ability to assess and monitor all aspects of an individual's care, including all medical/psychiatric concerns.
Who will love this job:
* A natural helper - you possess the desire and a natural instinct to make people feel more relaxed and confident in your presence * A detail enthusiast - you understand that the "little things" are the important things when documenting the support and services provided to the individuals we serve * A relator - you're not shy when it comes to meeting new people and instead easily form solid, genuine and mutually rewarding relationships. * A people person - you communicate clearly and naturally build trust and confidence with those you serve
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with community healthcare service providers, nutrition services, and behavior specialists to provide individuals served with quality care.
* Coordinate and oversee all healthcare appointments including appropriate follow-ups.
* Educate and enable the Direct Support Team to administer medications and perform other tasks according to Mosaic policies and state licensing requirements.
* Maintain and review medical records of individuals served to monitor pertinent concerns and provide documentation detailing the delegation of healthcare procedures and nursing tasks.
Ideally you have:
* State license required in nursing * 2 years of general nursing experience, preferably in IDD * 1 year of general nursing experience – NEW GRADUATES WELCOME! * Must be able to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
Extras we think you’ll love:
* Competitive Pay * Smaller Caseload * No Uniforms * Health Insurance * Professional & Personal Development Opportunities * Tuition Reimbursement * Paid Time Off (you earn it from day 1!)
Mosaic offers a competitive benefits package including a free health insurance option! Other benefits include dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off and a wellness program. To learn more, please visit www.mosaicinfo.org.