Mosaic provides a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities through supports which are tailored to the individual's needs and desires. We support people to define their own happiness. We ask people how they like to spend their day, what they love to do in their spare time, where they want to live and goals they would like to achieve. We partner with them to make those things happen. These services are provided in collaboration with local, state, national, and international partners in 11 states and six countries. Mosaic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. For more information visit www.mosaicinfo.org.
Associate Direct Support Manager
Located In:Oakdale, CT
$18.20 Per Hour
If making a positive impact in the lives of others is always on your to-do list -- you'll LOVE working with a team that puts people first.
We're looking for an Associate Direct Support Manager to join our team!
The Associate Direct Support Manager plays a key role in managing the operations of the Residential and Day Services Programs. Responsibilities include coordinating activities, documenting the progress of the people we serve, maintaining the facility, and preparing meals.
Who will love this job:
* An advocate -- you will stop at nothing to make sure people have the tools necessary for success and are passionate about working as an individual contributor on a team that's driving towards a common goal
* A collaborator - you naturally draw people together while remaining calm and focused, even in emotionally charged situations.
* A motivator -- you get teams and partners excited about key initiatives
* A teacher -- you have a knack for explaining processes and work well with a variety of internal teams
What you'll do:
* Monitor the health and safety of all the individuals served while ensuring that the living environments and program activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements. * Assist in the supervision of residential or day services staff. * Coordinate activities and support individuals with all daily living activities an * Perform miscellaneous duties such as scheduling staff, covering staff shortages, administering medications, and participating in individual program planning teams. * Support the people served to identify and achieve the personal outcomes important to them. * Maintain detailed documentation of activities and developmental progress. * Intervene when aggressive and/or inappropriate behavior occurs, implementing behavior programs and strategies where appropriate * Oversee the maintenance of the residential facilities and transportation vehicles.
* High school diploma or equivalent. * Position requires certification in CPR and first aid. * Minimum of one year of experience working in a related field. * Work requires frequent physical activity including extended periods of standing, walking, and bending with occasional periods of sitting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crouching, squatting and balancing. * Work also requires constant reaching between knee and shoulder level as well as frequent reaching below knee level and overhead. * Work requires occasional independent lifting up to 25 pounds, frequent push/pull up to 40 pounds of force and the ability to safely transfer 50 pounds.
Mosaic offers a competitive benefits package including a free health insurance option! Other benefits include dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off and a wellness program. To learn more, please visit www.mosaicinfo.org.