Mosaic provides a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities through supports which are tailored to the individual's needs and desires. We support people to define their own happiness. We ask people how they like to spend their day, what they love to do in their spare time, where they want to live and goals they would like to achieve. We partner with them to make those things happen. These services are provided in collaboration with local, state, national, and international partners in 11 states and six countries. Mosaic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. For more information visit www.mosaicinfo.org.
Business Specialist (Accounting Associate)
Located In:Cromwell, CT
WhoÂ weÂ are:
Mosaic is a national faith-based healthcare provider of services to people with diverse needs including intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism support, behavioral therapy and senior care. Our 3,800 employees and 800 independent contractors provide a life of possibilities to nearly 4,000 people across 10 states and 400+ communities.
Building upon more than a century of service, Mosaic navigates continuous transformation in service delivery while maintaining a focus on those things that matter most: people served and their families, the peopleÂ whoÂ serve, and our mission of service and advocacy.Â Â Responsibilities:
1. Review accounts payable processes that include coding expenses through Mosaic systemsÂ to the appropriate accounts, processing employee reimbursements, maintaining leaseÂ payments, recording accurate and timely daily transactions and other related accountsÂ payable duties.Â
2. Ensure all purchases have correct receipts according to Mosaic policies and procedures. 3. Review all fuel charges and related vehicle reports for accuracy.Â
3. Provide new employee training in the areas of client finance and accounts payableÂ processes.Â
4. Prepare client finance packets according to Mosaic policies and procedures; including butÂ not limited to collecting client receipts; managing payments; completing all appropriateÂ consent forms and security documentation; managing client debit cards; recordingÂ accurate and timely daily transactions; and other related duties associated with clientÂ finances.Â
5. Oversee and reconcile the account assigned to client reimbursements to Mosaic.
* Associates Degree or equivalent experience * Minimum of two years of experience in accounting.Â * Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security regulations.Â * Skill in planning and prioritizing workload to meet deadlines * Skill in maintaining organized files and accurate records * Skill in operating personal computers to use spreadsheets and databases, including PeopleSoft systems.Â
Mosaic offers a competitive benefits package including a free health insurance option! Other benefits include dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off and a wellness program. To learn more, please visit www.mosaicinfo.org.