The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Ray & Joan KROC Corps Community Center Purpose Statement: Inspire people to discover their God given talents and develop their potential through artistic, educational, physical, and spiritual experiences in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Summary/Primary Purpose: Serves as the system administrator for applications, hardware, and network systems. Provides technical support, maintenance, and training for all administrative and operational technology systems to include computer programs, hardware systems, cable and telephone systems, labs and audio/visual systems.
- Develop, execute and manage strategic technology solutions and responses in support of the Kroc Center, and reflective of the competitive environment in which we operate, for programming, membership development, events, and ministries consistent with the vision provided by the Kroc Center Officers and leadership.
- Manage the short and long-range planning process for technology solutions in Kroc Omaha that allow for a visionary plan to maintain technology excellence and support growth that accomplishes goals and objectives consistent with the overall Christian Mission of the Kroc Center.
- Explore and promote technology solutions that assist Kroc Administration in managing growth through technology, maximizing control of expenses.
- Follow established Salvation Army technology policies and procedures, and work with Divisional Headquarters (DHQ) and Territorial Headquarters (THQ) as appropriate to represent the unique needs and systems required by Kroc operations.
- Oversight and maintenance of all technology equipment, keeping up to date records, inventories, system maps, standard operating procedures, and crisis response processes. Develop and maintain a disaster recovery plan for Kroc Center applications.
- Administration, configuration, and deployment of the Kroc server which includes DHCP. Maintain and install network infrastructures, including managed switches, cabling, routers, and internet connectivity and phone system.
- Installation and configuration of Operating systems (Windows and Server 2012-2016) and application software as well as network administration including server and workstation set-up, maintenance, and training.
- Implement a year-round preventive maintenance plan for all technology systems, including installation of appropriate software updates and patches for all Kroc applications in order to remain current and up to date.
- Analyze and monitor new and existing technology related contracts regarding pricing and past performance and make recommendations as to renewals or replacements. Assist in the development of bid documents and participate in recommendation, costs and purchase of hardware, software, connectivity and service contracts, as required.
- Maintain all technology related licensing and/or certification processes required for the operation of the Kroc Center and its systems.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of support, especially while handling sensitive and highly personal information and data for employees and the organization.
- Provide ‘on-call’ support outside of normal work hours for critical system support and system maintenance. Schedule will be flexible, and will include some evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate IT and/or Audio Video support for special events as required, flexing work schedule to accommodate the demands as necessary.
- Driving is a requirement to perform the functions of the role.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in a technology related field preferred and 1 -2 years related experience in system and server support.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal skills, tack & diplomacy. English proficiency and Spanish language skills helpful.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptional flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team, comfortable speaking with people of diverse backgrounds at all levels of management; maintaining effective working relationships.
- Intermediate to advanced skill with Microsoft Office software (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel); ability to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex factors and ideas not easily evaluated and to make decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong independent judgement and the ability to work independently.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training within 90 days of hire, as established by The Salvation Army.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include good speaking, hearing, and vision. Ability to sit for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Ability to kneel, crawl, or work in difficult or tight locations. This position may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions: Usual office working conditions. May be required at times to work evenings and weekends and travel as request to other locations. In addition, portions of the primary work facility may be considered humid (natatorium) while other locations (gymnasium) may be considered moderately loud in nature.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.