Sr. Websphere Engineer/ Architect
First Data Jersey City, NJ
What does a great Senior WebSphere Engineer do?
- You are at home when your focus is maintaining stability of software products, customer improvements and extensions to in a Sustained Engineering team where we value your contributions to the software development process.
- Hands on development and resolution of all technical issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
- Improving and maintaining existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
- Design, implement, and support deep and detailed monitoring across the DevOps pipeline including operational telemetry for our products/platforms.
- An advanced understanding of coding techniques which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software
- A deep understanding of development patterns and their application in several programming languages.
- Familiarity with common networking practices
- Get involved in design review meetings and ability to make appropriate recommendations for a stable and scalable platform.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration\:
- 10+ experience administration of WebSphere Products\:
- Two or more of the following\: Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, IBM Http server, WebLogic, MQ, WMB, and/or IBM DataPower or equivalent work experience.
- Engineering and administration experience.
- Experience managing and monitoring mission-critical online services, processes and functionality.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure.
- Java development knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, DB2, Oracle databases or others.
- Extensive knowledge on solving application and network related issues including strong expertise in analyzing Java dumps, system cores and TCP dumps to get to the root cause.
- Some Knowledge of Cloud Technology concepts, topologies and service models (PaaS, AWS, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration\:
- Experience with Java development (Java/Struts, Spring Framework, JS Technologies and etc.).
- Strong Knowledge of Cloud Technology concepts, topologies and service models (PaaS, AWS).
- Experience in container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and PCF.
- Experience with implementing micro services architecture and build/deploy automated, scalable and maintainable infrastructure.
- Hands on scripting experience using shell, python, perl scripting languages to automate software builds, config management
- Experience with monitoring tools like App Dynamics, Dyna Trace, vrops etc
Learn more about Fiserv\: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City-Jersey-101 Hudson Street
| Date Posted
December 23, 2019
| Date Closes
January 26, 2020
| Located In
Jersey city, NJ
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories