Position Description Overview
First Data provides Enterprise IV&V services in support of the state of Nebraskas Eligibility and Enrollment Solution (EES) implementation and for multiple implementation projects related to Nebraskas Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) modernization strategy. Services include Federal Review Support, IV&V, Quality Management, Requirements Validation, and System and Acceptance Testing Oversight. We are seeking an experienced Project Director to lead our team. The First Data Government Solutions philosophy is to hire experienced, motivated individuals to the organization; not just to specific projects. Therefore, while the first engagement would be specific to this state of Nebraska opportunity, your next engagement could be on an EVV implementation project or a child support system modernization effort, etc.
- This is a consultative role following a sell deliver model and spans beyond a traditional Project Manager set of responsibilities and skillsets. The individual must be able to grow the business just as successfully as delivering on an engagement. The individual must be comfortable operating in the gray space where scope, deliverables, responsibilities, and expectations are not always defined. They must be a self-starter with the ability to adapt in the client environment to achieve desired results. Specific responsibilities may include\:
- Facilitates/manages project communications and stakeholder, client and project team expectations
- Consulting with client personnel to help identify and document business needs, objectives, and requirements. It may also include documenting current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, and security requirements.
- Adhering to PMBOK methodologies, applying project management methodologies, processes, and templates consistently.
- Completing personal deliverables efficiently and on time
- Estimating level of effort and timing effectively
- Executive level client relationship management. Business development support.
- Track all deliverables and monitor budget versus actual expenses. This includes understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking, and managing project resources effectively
- Vendor and contract management activities.
- Mentor team members on areas of expertise.
- Oversight of\: Requirements Validation, System Design Verification, Construction and Testing, Data Conversion Verification, Integration and System Testing, Quality Assurance and UAT, Federal Review Support
- Presents Monthly and Quarterly Reporting and attends all required management meetings.
- Maintains staffing, subcontractor, prime contract, and fiscal administration and reporting responsibilities both internally and to the State.
- Ensures project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed. This includes managing and driving\: 1) Project/Program Schedule, 2) Risk and Issue Management and 3) Scope Change Management
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Independent Verification & Validation experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing or in a key management position for a large-scale healthcare IT development project that encompasses the full system development life cycle from initiation through post implementation
- Previous experience following a standard PM methodology and in using various project management tools in developing project plans, delivering tasks, and tracking timelines and resources
- Previous Medicaid experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to plan and facilitate presentations and client meetings, and guide the First Data and client Teams in developing required deliverables and work products as well as drive outcomes, influence others, and resolve conflict
- Ability to make complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Capability and willingness to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, shifts in direction and priorities, both from a client and internal perspective.
- Functional understanding of the full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases
- Organizational Savvy & Politics
- Working With Project
- Conflict Management
- Effective Communications
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Account Management
- Managed a Team of 5 or more
- P and L Responsibilities
- Team Management and Team Building
- Managing in a Matrix Environment
- IT Project Management
Learn more about Fiserv\:Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet