Must reside in the State of California
What does a great QA Tech Manager do?
The Statewide Automated Welfare System, commonly referred to as SAWS, is Californias county-managed public assistance eligibility and enrollment system. It ensures more than 11 million people receive the assistance they need every day across the state. SAWS is the case management system for county eligibility staff providing CalWORKs, Welfare to Work, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, Foster Care, Refugee Assistance, County Medical Services Program, and General Assistance/General Relief to children, families and individuals in all 58 counties. SAWS supports eligibility determination, benefit calculation, benefit issuance, case management, and reporting. Fiserv is contracted to provide M&O Quality Assurance Services! There are two client location associated with this role - one in Norwalk, CA and one in the Sacramento, CA area. This role will work predominantly from the Norwalk, CA project location.
As a QA Tech Manager, you can look forward to\:
- Supporting the QA Project Manager in the effective execution of the QA project effort. You will be involved in Validating system sizing, performance metrics and assumptions. As well as Identifying lessons learned and providing recommendations for improving the quality of the future releases (e.g., enhanced regression/performance testing of Online and Batch, enhanced deployment checklist, detailed release dashboards and incident/defect triage, tracking and resolution). Identifying, detailing, and building metrics to measure and report performance trends on various aspects of the SDLC and report to project management. Assessing technical issues and support risk identification and mitigation when needed.
- Leading the development of the technical sections of the QA Work Plan, QA Monthly Status Reports, and overseeing the review and assessment of all technical-related work. Providing recommendations, lessons learned, and standard methodologies related to system performance, network sizing, equipment acquisition and installation, site preparations, help desk, operational processes and procedures, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Responsibility for technical portions of all project deliverables, managing the technical portions of all M&O project deliverables and oversee the work of the Technical Team. Ongoing monitoring and assessment of the Development Vendor's adherence to the contractually defined operational Service Level Agreements, including application transaction times (standard and exceptions), system availability, local and central repair times, application support response, Insecurity and disaster recovery.
- Performing lead role on technical task/deliverable development through client approval (e.g., change control board meeting, takes lead on alternatives analysis, network and program technical analysis and documentation). Analyzing existing business systems applications, batch cycle executions, and preparing reports with recommended improvements. Applying multiple areas of technical expertise (e.g., data/information, application, security and/or infrastructure) to support in the development, assessment or review of a Technical Architecture and Technical Infrastructure. Validating technical and database change requests, reviewing development processes and technical infrastructure, including operational tools, and recommends technology/solutions which aligns with Consortium Strategy.
Basic qualifications for consideration\:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience and/or applicable certifications
- 7+ years of experience in SAWS or related government project
- Functional understanding of the full System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases
Preferred qualifications for consideration\:
- Demonstrated hands-on technical background with operational, architectural and security expertise
- Ability to analyze raw data to determine a plan of action.
- Proven track record of working through ambiguity, and leveraging influencing skills, to execute on strategic objectives in a large corporate environment.
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility.
- Capability and willingness to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, shifts in direction and priorities, both from a client and internal perspective
- Experience on large government IT development project(s)
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages, application development technologies, database, and tools of all disciplines in IT organizations
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate system architectures and complete system diagrams that illustrate dependencies of all interrelated systems and processes
- Senior level proficiency in enterprise architecture
Learn more about Fiserv\:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
United States-California-Norwalk-Vendor-Norwalk LRS Project