Position Description Overview
The Conversions organization works directly with new clients to convert their existing credit card portfolios onto Fiserv platforms. The Data Conversion group receives files from the clients current processor, analyzes the data, develops technical specifications for converting the portfolio data, presents the specifications to the client, writes the programming code and processes, and executes the testing/loading processes. These positions offer a variety of opportunities to handle both business and technical roles, learn and use multiple Fiserv systems/products, work with new technologies (like EMV, mobile payments, digital products) and develop relationships with many large financial institutions across the globe. We work with many organizations within Fiserv, so youll also develop a broad network of colleagues and build an understanding of how Fiserv operates and fits together. This positions role is client-facing, and is a Lead within the Data Conversion organization, serving as the overall Project Manager of the Data Conversion team for larger conversions, or managing both PM and Analyst responsibilities for small to mid-size conversions.
- Designing and documenting moderately complex technical requirements for business applications
- Partnering with business analysts to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Creation of data conversion mapping specifications
- Ensuring quality of data conversion suite including holding quality inspections
- Planning data conversion activities (mocks and other client events) in conjunction with client and Fiserv partners to fit within the overall project plan
- Building partnerships with clients, product owners, conversion coordination teams, and program management
- Validating offline System and Output testing of data conversion files, balancing portfolio financial and operational data
- Resolving complex issues and processes
- Adherence to internal processes and best practices
- Monitoring and reporting progress
- Identification of risks and issues; managing and escalating appropriately
Scope of Job
Works on moderate to complex projects and issues within functional area. Coaches and leads less experienced IT staff and business managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical processes and issues to a non-technical audience
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Understanding of the Issuing Industry and associated products
- Experience in converting to new processing platforms, preferred
- International business experience is a benefit
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts on a variety of solutions
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage rapid change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage deliverables and provide support to multiple projects
- Experience of working in a diverse and challenging environment
- Enthusiasm to motivate others and promote a quality culture
- Commitment to be part of the team, and to support others in making the wider team a success
- Proven ability to manage and mitigate risks to project delivery
- Ability to make information based decisions
- 4 Year College Degree in IT, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics, preferred
- Previous IT or Business Analysis experience, preferred
- Conversion experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications
- Knowledge of COBOL, Mainframe applications, IBM JCL, and TSO/TPX, can be beneficial
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills, and meticulous attention to detail including the ability to analyze and/or code data from different platforms in order to integrate the data into a Fiserv platform
- Experience with validation of output, reports, and balancing
- Experience with and knowledge of Fiserv production programs and processes, preferred
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us
United States-Nebraska-Omaha-Omaha - 6855 Pacific St