First Data (NYSE\: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The companys 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the worlds largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
First Data is looking for an Application Analyst with very strong PL/SQL Development skills.
Position Description Overview
Individual will be part of the Network Security and Solutions (NSS) and will be involved in development projects to streamline and enhance several applications. It will include all facets of development from requirements analysis, to design, development and implementation. Individual may be called on to provide assistance for production support as needed. Individual may interface with multiple levels of management both with the product development team as well the IT development and architecture teams.
- Supervise logical and physical database design and maintenance for Oracle, SQL Server, and/or stored procedures.
- Provide technical direction to development teams and assist less experienced administrators in problem resolution.
- Engineer Oracle infrastructure to meet performance, security, high availability and other requirements. Maintain multiple environments in development and co-ordinate with test and production roll out.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems, designed, implemented and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL.
- Tune SQL statements for maximum efficiency and performance, create and maintain PL/SQL packages, perform data modeling and create/maintain and modify complex database triggers and data migration scripts.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
Scope of Job
Works on highly complex projects and issues within functional technical area. Coaches and leads less experienced IT staff and business managers. Provides leadership on projects.
Works more independently with IT functional units and business units. Recommends strategies for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
8-10 Yrs. of Oracle PL/SQL experience. Experience in real-time transaction process (sub-second response times). Knowledge of and experience in SQL query, performance tuning.
Knowledge of and experience in normalizing database. Knowledge of and experience in secure coding methodologies. Knowledge of and experience in handling race conditions in code.
Experience in Data warehousing and ETL. Experience in replication software - Golden Gate Experience in Active-Active processing.
Experience as an DB application developer. Experience with PL/SQL.
Working knowledge on Oracle DB Links. Working knowledge on Oracle Golden Gate is a plus or prefd.
Oracle 12C. Oracle SQL Loader. Basic knowledge on Oracle RAC environments.
Hands on experience supporting a large production environment. Hands on knowledge on Cassandra.
Experience in payment or banking domain is prefd.
First Data is an Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.
United States-Georgia-Atlanta-Atlan-5565 Glenridge Connector