As aCollector, you will be responsible for\:
- Collecting unpaid consumer debt or 3rd party merchant receivables in a call center environment. The accounts are collected in compliance with all applicable regulations and internal performance standards in order to meet or exceed the monthly goal objectives of a personal and/or departmental budget.
- Contacting the proper party (manually or via automatic dialing system), describing the debt and soliciting payment arrangements for the account in compliance with applicable regulations and established policy and procedures.
- Establish rapport in order to overcome objections and negotiate payment of the debt.
- Documenting all discussions and actions in the collections system or database.
- Confirming payment arrangements and finalizing call.
- Working on special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience in a collection/call center environment or one year customer service experience
- Strong verbal communication skills must be demonstrated along with a professional telephone manner
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and previous collection experience preferred
- Familiar with computers
- Command of required language(s)
- Tuition assistance after 90 days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits within first 30 days
- Retirement benefits including 401(k) and employee stock purchase plan
- Work-life balance, including generous time off policies\: Up to 17 days of paid time off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays
- Industry leading parental leave policy
- Career advancement opportunities across all First Data organizations
First Data is an Affirmative Action - EqualOpportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to allemployees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color,religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexualorientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteranstatus and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions,or any other factor that may be protected by law.
United States-Georgia-Marietta-Marietta 1600 Terrell Mill