First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company's 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide timely responses to written and verbal consumer disputes, inquiries and complaints regarding active collection accounts. Response to disputes are governed by both the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This position must perform research, conduct investigations and provide support for multiple departments throughout TRS Recovery Services and TeleCheck.
- Research, evaluate and process disputes, fraud, chargebacks and/or complaints.
- Create correspondent back to the consumer informing them on the results on their dispute or inquiry.
- Communicate between multiple teams and relationship managers on various topics.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and comprehend documents received.
- Research case and develop resolutions.
- Reading the documentation provide from the various channels and triaging them to the correct team.
- Organizing your case load so that all items are done in the correct order and a timely fashion.
Scope of Job
Makes decisions within established guidelines regarding the different work cases and various transactions. Has access to confidential information.