First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world's largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data's Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
Position Description Overview
The Security Engineer II is responsible for the engineering, installation, and operation of enterprise firewalls, proxy, IPS, HSM, and VPN remote access.
- Provides day to day support for firewall engineering and operations tasks including assisting peers with issues and escalation.
- Supports the implementation and ongoing operations of network access control devices to include firewalls, web proxies, IPS and Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL VPN) devices.
- On-site and remote Hardware Security Module (HSM) configuration and support.
- Work collaboratively across a variety of business units to implement new technology, support existing, and at times do so after normal business hours.
- Build and configure solutions in the development, test and production environment; including documenting the security infrastructure and design.
- Manage problems, assist operations with escalation and issue resolution.
- Facilitate device refresh of network security devices with a focus on capacity, manageability, and security of new and existing security infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to perform and deliver the following functions independently and without the need for senior engineer assistance.
- Support enterprise class Check Point and Cisco Firewalls.
- Troubleshooting to include network protocol and log analysis, raw data captures, and the correlation of disparate events spanning multiple devices and platforms.
Works independently works with functional and business units to execute projects.